19 February 2011

Dream Diary?

Another incredibly complicated and detailed dream. It was like a steampunk Terry Gilliam movie. I was helping a friend check out a house he was going to buy, and it had underground torpedo launchers (they launched underground torpedoes, yes, really), rooms full of boxes of stuff from the '30s including evidence that Marilyn Monroe was Aleister Crowley (played by Christopher Lloyd)'s girlfriend, secret rooms, an incredibly detailed greenhouse with huge thick plate-glass walls that led into an undersea base with room after cavernous room full of mysterious boxes, crates, parcels, and luggage, racks of 1890's clothes, and of course giant dangerous-looking steampunk machines. All through the dream I was exquisitely aware that I was playing a role in a movie that I'd seen before, but couldn't control what I was doing. The villainess was the ex-wife of the house's owner, and was bent on destroying his works (which would I knew lead to a revolution in science and technology). She was intermittently a huge bloated old woman covered in cracking make-up and a young girl who was probably a remotely controlled robot.

The plot centered around her starting up one of the machines, and deliberately unbalancing the power feed. This involved skinny butler-type minions, one of whom was me in disguise, puling on ropes and levers in various parts of the house. I had to convince myself not to play along, but I ignored myself when I wasn't myself and when I was myself I KNEW I was playing along to try and find where she was hiding the key... to something... it was important, I knew that.

Then I suddenly realized that I was trapped, and I had to wake up and go to work, so I woke up and it was 12:55 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment